Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
Daisy Jones & The Six
Daisy Jones & The SixAmanda (12)
LOVEEEEE

Loving this book, I don't want it to end! Milking the last 100 pages.

Daisy Jones & The Six (1)
comments on the book

I have heard a lot of positive comments about this book , hope its good. I hear her other book is really great too , so I ordered it . Im glad I joined the book club .

ShannaDavis (6)
I really enjoyed Daisy Jones & The Six! Happy reading! :)
Daisy Jones & The SixJroussey (5)
Should I finish?

I'm struggling with this book. I'm about 100 pages in and not into it all. Does it pivk up? Thinking about throwing the towel in. It is sloeing downmy reading.

(1)
I’m having a difficult time with it as well, I think it’s the interview style writing.
Jroussey (5)
Yeah. I just finished. It got a little better. It was okay not my favorite.
Daisy Jones & The SixKelsey (28)
So torn

I'm really torn on this book. And I feel like I'm in the minority in not all-out loving it. Every review I've seen has been amazing so I went into this thinking THIS is going to be my favorite book of 2019. Especially since I love this author's other work.

I was really digging it when I started it, I loved the way it was written and I loved how we got to hear from so many different characters. But about 1/2 way through I found myself so bored. Maybe it's because I'm not super interested in the music making process?

I just felt like it turned into the same thing on repeat- Daisy and Billy hate each other, fight, write a lyric, Daisy gets high, Billy gets mad at Daisy for being high, Eddie is mad at everyone all the time. And then little snippets from other characters. And all of this on repeat until the end of the book.

I really liked the way it ended though, it felt really satisfying. I just felt like it took a long way to get there.

I also loved all the female characters. They were so kickass and I felt like there was a woman every woman could identify with - a mother, a career gal, someone that felt lost, someone that just wanted love. I loved how badass and feminist all the women were so I loved reading about their stories.

Does anyone else feel this way? I'm glad I read it and feel that it's worth a read, I was just honestly, pretty bored in the middle section of the book and felt that it was just the same thing on repeat.

les29 (1)
I am with you. I found the whole thing very repetitive and predictable, the end was cute, but not a book I plan on keeping to read again later.
Daisy Jones & The SixEmilyC (11)
I want to listen to Aurora

So I devoured this book in two days, it pulled me right into the 70s music scene. The discovery of the lyrics in the back was a delightful surprise. Anyone else just dying to hear that album now? And other than Fleetwood Mac (obvs), who do you imagine The Six to sound like?

EricaMarois (4)
I devoured it, too. And I can’t stop listening to Fleetwood Mac now! I’m excited for the Amazon series— will be so cool to hear all the music! I’m just wondering who they’ll cast. Anyone have any guesses?
EmilyC (11)
For Billy, my first thought was Taron Egerton. Although he’s playing Elton John in a new biopic this year, so that could be too much 70’s rock scene for the same actor. But he can sing really well, and plays soulful and sweet but with an edge. And for Daisy, I was picturing young Kate Hudson in my head as I read the book. Elle Fanning? To me she has a 70s free-wheeling vibe already and she’s the perfect age for young Daisy. Don’t know if she sings though ????
MaggieMurray (1)
I think Miley Cyrus would be a great Daisy.
Mina (30)
Yes! With Vanessa Hudgens as Camilla and Garett Hedlund as Billy.
ShannaDavis (6)
Ohhh, yes!
Daisy Jones & The SixStephanie4586 (1)
Excited

I read almost all of her books. Cant wait to get my hands on this one. Im also new to BOTM so lets see how this goes.

Daisy Jones & The SixBethRea (3)
Amazing Service

Just ordered last Thursday evening and it was here by 3 this Monday afternoon! BOTM & the USPS worked overtime getting this month's selection out. So excited!

KristineCoumbe (27)
That is crazy fast! I am jealous. Enjoy your books!
New to Book Club

So I'm new here and these usually aren't my types of books, but I'm trying something new. Cross my fingers, I'm pretty excited to see how this Book of the Month turns out.

Kayla (110)
Reese Witherspoon's book club also chose Daisy Jones & The Six. And supposedly, this is going to become a TV mini-series! You and going to LOVE Book of the Month.
VictoriaCadence (4)
Wow! Really? I got really attached to the characters.
karebear0316 (4)
That's happened a couple of month's where I've seen BOTM and other book clubs have the same picks. I don't know why that turns me off a little bit - I think because these are supposed to be hand selected by BOTM, but when other clubs choose the same, it makes it seem like the authors bought their way in. Am I the only one that is cynical about this?!
lissajacobs (9)
I was stuck in a cycle of reading the same books and not knowing how to venture out and find books that were different that I would still like. BOTM is the greatest thing that has happened to me. I'm up to twenty six books from them since joining last May and they are a treat to read, very different to what I would usually read, and unique each month. I love it so much.
NateBooks

So excited for this one. Now to count down the days until it comes in the mail.

Daisy Jones & The SixChristinaKay (1)
So excited for this!

I havent joined one with BOTM so I am super excited about this!!!

Daisy Jones & The SixKristinaEstle (2)
Hi!~

I'm the new girl! I am really looking forward to reading Daisy Jones and talking about it with you guys!

ShannaDavis (6)
Welcome! :)
Daisy Jones & The Sixcaitlin17 (1)
Daisy Jones & The Six

I've been waiting for this!! So excited! I also found out that Reese Witherspoon is going to make it into a tv series on amazon :)

KristinaEstle (2)
How awesome! I just joined today. I have always done the book clubs at our local library but I haven't been able to go because of my new job. This'll be fun! I love historical ficition.
Daisy Jones & The Sixfaith (3)
Did Anyone Notice?

I guess I clicked too early and it showed that Daisy Jones & The Six was sold out after about a minute of it being shown. I was about to freak out until I refreshed the page a few times. Have been looking forward to this book for months!

StefanieWard (2)
What?! Are your picks available? Mine haven't been posted. I am really hoping for Daisy Jones! I need confirmation that it is a pick or I will go mad!
BethRea (3)
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's been obsessed over this month's choices!
BethRea (3)
So excited! I've been on pins & needles, hoping Daisy Jones would be up for grabs! I have to be at work @ 6 and they hadn't posted before I left. Still hadn't posted when I checked back on lunch. Finally the picks are up! The confetti's been thrown and I CAN'T WAIT!!! To celebrate, I added on the Peter Swanson and the Barbara Kingsolver I've had my eye on. I was so afraid they'd sell out - happened to me last month with The Silent Patient.
StefanieWard (2)
Nevermind! I refreshed and I am soooo happy!
faith (3)
I submitted my box so fast so I could make sure I’d get it. Can’t wait to read it!