Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
Chelseapegram01
Since We FellChelseapegram01 (8)

I agree with you, Kristen! In a very strange sort of way, all of the horrible things Brian did actually worked together to help Rachel conquer her fears and anxiety. She had to face and talk about things that she had never talked about before.

By the way, I thought was an interesting thing in the story. We thought we knew about the night in Haiti, that she was plagued by that night because of the young girl's death, but it wasn't until so much later in the story do we learn the REAL reason. I was struck by that, as I thought about the book after finishing it.

Since We FellChelseapegram01 (8)

What is your speculation about what she did? I figured that she told him she had mailed it away to see his reaction. But since she still actually had it, I think they'll all make the getaway together.

PachinkoChelseapegram01 (8)

I think it ties back to the title of the story. Like in the game Pachinko, the characters bounce around as they follow different paths, but they end up at the same place -- family.

Definitely agree with you, TW! The story is staying in my mind!

I added Pachinko to my April box because I saw so many great reviews. Laura - your comment here was exactly how I felt. It was so good, that I just wanted to keep reading and reading. But on the other hand, I didn't want the book to go by too quickly, since it was so good! Really loved this story. Connected with the characters, even the flawed ones.

Perfect Little WorldChelseapegram01 (8)

I agree with you on that. Like with the experiment about the treat that the kids all failed the first time. They redid it later and just briefly said that they all passed. What did that mean? How did that reveal something new about their personalities?

I really liked the IFP and wanted more depth on what it meant and why they did different things!

Perfect Little WorldChelseapegram01 (8)

I had the same issue with all the other couples at the compound. I didn't feel like those characters were developed enough, so I never really felt invested in their "drama."