Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code FRESHSTART.

Join today!
Hana
The Silent PatientHana (21)

No b - that was a typo!

No ExitHana (21)

The deaths were much more gruesome than I expected. Honestly, while I enjoyed most of the book, I feel like it would be hard one to recommend, just because it is so so dark.

No ExitHana (21)

Agreed! I was honestly a little worried when I saw reviews highlighting the more violent aspects that I wouldn't enjoy it; however the author really takes you on a journey. It all made sense in the end (I hate bad plot twists), but I did not see it coming.

No ExitHana (21)

Agreed! I liked it, but I wouldn’t recommend it to someone who likes thrillers, they would need to like horror as well.

An Anonymous GirlHana (21)

I think it was a solid “like” for me in the end. Not nearly as twisty, I liked the end, but nothing I’m excited about. I finished it two days ago and i haven’t thought about it much since.

Nine Perfect StrangersHana (21)

I think that's a great point - it was funnier than most of her books. I think the setting threw me a bit.

LM is great at writing characters, but her last two books have felt like she's grasping at straws for what to do with those characters. I had the same response - I enjoyed the people, I like that it was different, but it was so so odd.

So different

I'm not sure what I was expecting - I'm about halfway through and it is so different than their first book. I'm enjoying it and I feel like something is coming, but it's almost more unsettling in a thriller when it breaks the previous pattern of the author. Hopefully I'll finish tonight - I want to know where this is all going to end up.

Agreed!! This was a great month. Honestly, Severance didn't grab my attention, but I heard something on the radio about it this weekend and now I might have to add it next month. Love BOTM!

Agreed! That part was great; all of the characters were interesting. I just didn't know what I was reading. It was less of a domestic thriller and more of a study of madness.

Cross Her HeartHana (21)

I think that was the weakest point to me too. I was kind of hoping it would be the swim coach or someone like that - someone that Ava would trust, but not someone that close. Oh well :(

#FashionVictimHana (21)

I’m about halfway through and I agree. It’s very campy, but kind of the perfect book to zone out to after a long week. I mean, yes everyone is suppose to be awful and you’re not even rooting for the dead people. But that’s kind of the fun in it.

Cross Her HeartHana (21)

Agreed! I think it's such a delicate balance for clue dropping and avoiding cliches. And sometimes it seems like the ideas that were new and original a year ago become overdone so fast!

Cross Her HeartHana (21)

I agree - I think part of my problem, though, was I had read a few reviews and had some clues going into the book. Once the overall backstory was solved, the rest felt a little more obvious. I think it's one that would be better going in with as little background knowledge as possible.

The Last Time I LiedHana (21)

I didn't have that problem, but there was one page that stuck out, as if it wasn't put in properly. Not a huge issue, but it didn't look great.

The Book of EssieHana (21)

The ending was rushed for sure - I kind of read it that Naomi knew something happened, but maybe didn't know the extent?

The Girl From Blind RiverHana (21)
Large Font?

I just opened my box and holy moly, the font is LARGE in this book. Anyone else notice this? Almost looks like a kids book or something...

Our Kind of CrueltyHana (21)

I'm trying to remember - didn't they say it was something she had before him? I know they discussed it earlier in the book. I'm wondering if to her, it was a small part of the relationship, while with him, it was everything.

Our Kind of CrueltyHana (21)

I read it as her trying to tell him once and for all they're done. I can't figure out why she invited him to the wedding and I spent most of the book trying to figure out if she was in on it or not. I think in the end, though, it was a case of a young love ended and man who wouldn't let it go. I think the only reason (besides the wedding invite) that I really suspected V was Mike's perspective. And the trial showed us just how messed up that was.