Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
Hana
The Silent PatientHana (22)

I agree on Theo's character - I read it as both of them were so damaged from childhood that they didn't know how to cope. For example, SPOILERS the whole "he killed me thing" and Theo's inability to just say something to Kathy or even just say something to Alicia showed a real lack of emotional maturity. I think it was suppose to be two damaged people who created havoc in their lives.

The Silent PatientHana (22)

No b - that was a typo!

No ExitHana (22)

The deaths were much more gruesome than I expected. Honestly, while I enjoyed most of the book, I feel like it would be hard one to recommend, just because it is so so dark.

No ExitHana (22)

Agreed! I was honestly a little worried when I saw reviews highlighting the more violent aspects that I wouldn't enjoy it; however the author really takes you on a journey. It all made sense in the end (I hate bad plot twists), but I did not see it coming.

No ExitHana (22)

Agreed! I liked it, but I wouldn’t recommend it to someone who likes thrillers, they would need to like horror as well.

An Anonymous GirlHana (22)

I think it was a solid “like” for me in the end. Not nearly as twisty, I liked the end, but nothing I’m excited about. I finished it two days ago and i haven’t thought about it much since.

Nine Perfect StrangersHana (22)

I think that's a great point - it was funnier than most of her books. I think the setting threw me a bit.

LM is great at writing characters, but her last two books have felt like she's grasping at straws for what to do with those characters. I had the same response - I enjoyed the people, I like that it was different, but it was so so odd.

So different

I'm not sure what I was expecting - I'm about halfway through and it is so different than their first book. I'm enjoying it and I feel like something is coming, but it's almost more unsettling in a thriller when it breaks the previous pattern of the author. Hopefully I'll finish tonight - I want to know where this is all going to end up.

Agreed!! This was a great month. Honestly, Severance didn't grab my attention, but I heard something on the radio about it this weekend and now I might have to add it next month. Love BOTM!

Agreed! That part was great; all of the characters were interesting. I just didn't know what I was reading. It was less of a domestic thriller and more of a study of madness.

Cross Her HeartHana (22)

I think that was the weakest point to me too. I was kind of hoping it would be the swim coach or someone like that - someone that Ava would trust, but not someone that close. Oh well :(

#FashionVictimHana (22)

I’m about halfway through and I agree. It’s very campy, but kind of the perfect book to zone out to after a long week. I mean, yes everyone is suppose to be awful and you’re not even rooting for the dead people. But that’s kind of the fun in it.

Cross Her HeartHana (22)

Agreed! I think it's such a delicate balance for clue dropping and avoiding cliches. And sometimes it seems like the ideas that were new and original a year ago become overdone so fast!

Cross Her HeartHana (22)

I agree - I think part of my problem, though, was I had read a few reviews and had some clues going into the book. Once the overall backstory was solved, the rest felt a little more obvious. I think it's one that would be better going in with as little background knowledge as possible.

The Last Time I LiedHana (22)

I didn't have that problem, but there was one page that stuck out, as if it wasn't put in properly. Not a huge issue, but it didn't look great.

The Book of EssieHana (22)

The ending was rushed for sure - I kind of read it that Naomi knew something happened, but maybe didn't know the extent?

The Girl From Blind RiverHana (22)
Large Font?

I just opened my box and holy moly, the font is LARGE in this book. Anyone else notice this? Almost looks like a kids book or something...

Our Kind of CrueltyHana (22)

I'm trying to remember - didn't they say it was something she had before him? I know they discussed it earlier in the book. I'm wondering if to her, it was a small part of the relationship, while with him, it was everything.

Our Kind of CrueltyHana (22)

I read it as her trying to tell him once and for all they're done. I can't figure out why she invited him to the wedding and I spent most of the book trying to figure out if she was in on it or not. I think in the end, though, it was a case of a young love ended and man who wouldn't let it go. I think the only reason (besides the wedding invite) that I really suspected V was Mike's perspective. And the trial showed us just how messed up that was.