Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
KristenHansonAlexander
The Sisters ChaseKristenHansonAlexander (11)

I'm guessing the money was pulled from his college fund or something because he doesn't like his dad I think he just wanted the money, but I couldn't be wrong.

Since We FellKristenHansonAlexander (11)

Yes! I knew it felt like there was more and especially with the one girl that she kept mentioning. Closer to the end she did say how she would have just been raped but then to learn they made her say that she will be good! Talk about breaking you down to the lowest levels. I totally felt for her in that moment. It was one of those....well I don't know what I would have done in that situation ..,,

I agree. I see them living happily ever after in some far off place. As crazy as that seems, all signs point to that. Especially the final chapter being called family portrait. (I think)

Yes it was mentioned slightly but in a way that it was over, that in a way and not meaning to he abandoned her as well.

I agree. I think this battle she had to go through, and the reason Brian did it to her, was to get her control of herself and emotions back. She had lost so much and the violence in Haiti crushed her. Going through what he put her through made her face all of her fears so abruptly that she had no choice but to gain her strenght back.

And about her and Brian, maybe I have lost my mind, who would want to stay with someone who ruined their life as they knew it, but he was the only one who could save her from herself. He was the one to love her despite her struggles. Yes it was a horrible way to get her there and lies are never good, but in this alternate reality I have lived in the last week with the book, I see them staying together. They are connected more than just how they fell in love but now with this situation.

I was disappointed that she never got to actually find her father. And the way that Jeremy James fizzled upset me too, but I can see how she needed to be alone in this battle to come into her own worth.

Yes! I kept hoping it was a trick because for some crazy reason I wanted them to stay together after I found out he didn't cheat on her! I kept hoping it was a trick to test him or make him feel the way she felt. Towards that last page and a half I was upset she really did it until that one line. I may have audible said a triumphant remark after reading it.

American WarKristenHansonAlexander (11)

I tried to connect with her but even when you got a glimpse of her it was immediately closed up. I just couldn't get in her head.

I feel like the only thing they mentioned were tablets. I do like how Gaines office held so much from the "Pre-war" time. I see what you are saying though, I guess I pictured a few more differences.

As I was reading it I saw the movie clearly so I see what you are saying. I would almost see it more as a movie than a book.