Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
Alexlin322
The Winter SisterAlexlin322 (12)
Predictable.

I was hoping this book would have a shocking twist but it was easy to figure out who it was before the book was even halfway done.

The writing was amazing and I loved this book despite the predictability. Also, I pictured Kelsey Grammar as Will for some reason.

One Day in DecemberAlexlin322 (12)
Mediocre.

Am I the only one who was underwhelmed by this book? I wasn't really rooting for Laurie to end up with Jack because he was a jerk. He wasn't likable to me at all. And the whole thing dragged on longer than it really needed to.

Spinning SilverAlexlin322 (12)
Disappointed

I was so excited to read this, but it fell flat. For one thing, it took me multiple months to read because I had to force myself to pick it up and keep reading. Also, the judge's note promised me a "slow burn romance" which was the main reason I picked this book. But I didn't see any romance in this book. Apparently the king fell for Miryem but I COMPLETELY missed that until he asked her to marry him. And really, the Tsar and Irina? After he spent the entire book wondering why people thought she was beautiful? No thanks.

The Kiss QuotientAlexlin322 (12)
Meh

I wasn't really a fan of the main romance in the book. And the plot was meh. For me, the thing that saved it was those sex scenes. The author definitely knows how to write smut and I found myself wishing my boyfriend was home.

When Katie Met CassidyAlexlin322 (12)
Nope.

I was SO excited for this lesbian romance. But this book lacked depth and the characters were not very well developed. I just didn't really get what was so special about Katie that made Cassidy swear that she was different than the others. Plus, I can't stand when books just pretend that bisexuality isn't a thing. Katie likes both men and women but she only ever sees herself as straight or not straight.

The City of BrassAlexlin322 (12)

I stuck with it and just finished it! I liked it but didn't love it. I'd say 3/5 stars from me.

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely FineAlexlin322 (12)

My guess would be it's because of the holidays - lots and lots of packages are being shipped right now :)

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely FineAlexlin322 (12)
Two parts that made me LOL

There were two parts in this book that made me laugh so hard that there were tears:

1. The YMCA scene.
  2. The whole "Agents of Insanity" scene.

Seriously, I almost couldn't breathe.

Into the WaterAlexlin322 (12)
Finally got around to reading this.

I have very mixed feelings about this book. Spoilers ahead.

On the one hand, it kept me wanting to know more and had me reading for hours and hours. But on the other hand, I was expecting something big and shocking to be revealed and that never happened. Nickie already told us that Patrick killed his wife, so that revelation wasn't much of a shocker at all.

I did think it was interesting that the one person in the town who didn't hate Nel was the one who ended up killing her. And it ended up being an accident.

I liked that there were many strong female characters. This book said so much about feminism, victim blaming, and sexism and that was nice to read.

Things I still don't understand:

Why was Louise gone for so long during the night? Was she actually just getting milk the whole time?

What happened to Mark?

Did Sean know he killed Nel the entire time?

Beasts of Extraordinary CircumstanceAlexlin322 (12)
Wavy and Weylen

The beginning reminded me of All the Ugly and Wonderful Things - little, not normal kid with an odd eating habit moves in with a family with daughters, one daughter befriends said kid while the others hate the kid, until the kid has to leave. Moves through time as kid grows into adult.

This is where the similarities end, though, for the most part. But I just thought it was interesting.