Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
Ltuntkee
A Ladder to the SkyLtuntkee (13)

I felt the same way! I continued to hate him more and more!

The Sun Is Also a StarLtuntkee (13)

I enjoyed this book also and I feel that it did impress on me just how much every breath we take effects those around us.

The Sun Is Also a StarLtuntkee (13)

I actually really enjoyed the perspectives of the background characters. I think that the reason the author included the voices of others was to solidify the notion that our lives are not chance. We don't experience our lives with just those that we know and identify with. Our actions and reactions have an effect on even those who are just part of the "background".

Swimming LessonsLtuntkee (13)

I wanted to think that about Gil, but I ultimately think he was too selfish for that to be his reason in burning the books.

I did also. As soon as he warned her about Gil!

I think Ingrid was actually working towards relief. She needed to feel justified in leaving, or she would never be able to leave her family.

I don't sympathize with Gil, but does he deserve compassion? All human beings deserve compassion. However, this does not excuse Gil's stepping out on his loved ones repeatedly, being an absent father, or using his wife's ideas for fame, only to dedicate them to Louise. Was this some inner motive? Did he feel that his wife would have dedicated her own works to her once closest friend? Or was his passion truest to Louise?

I agree that I want to know Gil's point of view. I think he felt something; why else make sure that all of the letters were burned? Was this remorse or was this guilt? Maybe this was his way of ensuring that his deepest secrets were forever kept from his daughters.

The WonderLtuntkee (13)

I'm disappointed with Lib, I felt she was too pretentious.

All the Ugly and Wonderful ThingsLtuntkee (13)

I think the reunion was supposed to be dirty and lack luster, as that is how most people would have viewed their encounter "real world".

Completely agree!

I agree, I am disappointed with Aunt Brenda and her husband. I have finished the book now, and my opinion of them only worsened. I am happy that Amy turned out well, but even Brenda and her husband's actions weren't healthy, turning Leslie into a little snot. I was happy to see how Wavy grew up, especially with all of the things she had to deal with.

Sleeping GiantsLtuntkee (13)

I loved Kara. I can't wait to see how she develops in the next book.