Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
Cereline
Dark MatterCereline (2)

I thought the fact that they always seemed to end up in a similar career area (by which I mean, careers that pull on similar skills/talents/personality traits) was interesting - although I can't say for sure that was always the case because there were many times it wasn't mentioned. But Jason stuck to the sciences, it seemed, as his brain is wired to think in a manner most aligned with scientific exploration. Dani always seemed to be creative/artistic. Teaching can arguably fall under both of those categories.

What I also thought was interesting was that anyone is capable of violence. Even Jason. When pushed to a certain limit, when you've seen things, when something has happened the ability to do violence is there. It something seen in history and psychology (i.e. the Stanford Prison Experiment).

It also has a lot to do with the nature v. nurture debate. - As such, I think there are genuine core components to someone's person that cannot be changed regardless of experience and I loved that this book touched on that, however deeply.

Dark MatterCereline (2)

Honestly, I thought the first (I think?) post-apocalyptic world was intriguing. Not that I wanted them to stay there in the long run but I was interested in what brought the world to that point. Also, generally speaking, it seemed like Jason should have been alive in any of the worlds he ended up in (which wasn't the case) simply because these infinite permutations were branches off of HIS life. Hypothetically, if he could venture away from his own life he should have been able to end up in a world where dinosaurs still existed or something equally crazy. However, I'm off on a tangent. Simply put, I'd like to know what happened in the world that was destroyed.