Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
arlenerdgz
The Silence of the Girlsarlenerdgz (22)

I agree. I’m having troubling finishing the book. I’m halfway done, but I don’t feel the storyline is going anywhere. I must finish it, I have hopes that it’ll get better.

Good as Gonearlenerdgz (22)

I agree. I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. All because the details didn't seem enough. It was not suspenseful at all. It was very predictable. Also, the mom in jail then getting off that easily, what the heck.

All at Seaarlenerdgz (22)

You know. Now that I think about it. I know nothing about my parents before they were married and I haven't cared to ask. I don't think it matters. Everyone is different, of course. But I don't think Decca's kids would be so interested in knowing their father's past. Just remember him when he was with them. That's it. Simple. If they saw him as a superhero, then that's what he was. I don't think I would be mad or disappointed if my dad came to me now and said he had been a criminal. I don't think it would change the way I see my dad. So, I do think the telling of Tony's criminal past should not have been a focus. Had Decca waited, maybe she could've said more positive things. It was such a weird book to get through. I was remembering my aunt that recently passed away from cancer. I was thinking of my cousin that was killed in a car accident, he was 21, I was 20. I wrote in a diary about my experiences at the time and it's ALL scattered. If I write something now, i think my feelings are more controlled and I can look back to why I acted the way I did and write something better.

Dark Matterarlenerdgz (22)

I think a few months can. It made me think of all those people that have to live through war. Even a few weeks of seeing brutal exterminations at a concentration camp, for example, made people immune to emotion. How many holocaust survivors have said they "couldn't cry anymore" or even stole or killed for survival.

I think she would be smart enough to chose that for herself. Wouldn't it be great for a spin off book just about Amanda in this futuristic world? No more box. No more Jason. Just Amanda living in this futuristic world and learning what's there, how people live. Maybe some "The Giver" issues, idk. I think I would write some fan fiction if the author doesn't do it himself.

I think Daniela was depicted as a "perfect woman" because that's how Jason saw her. I think he saw no flaw in her because she lost her in the first chapter of the book. But in that first chapter, he had regrets and she didn't seem that perfect. Jason mentioned she looked sad at times. He loved her, no doubt, but had issues about that "road not taken" for both of them. Anyway, I like many of you mentioned, she seemed like a flat character and thought THIS MAN's LOVE FOR HIS WIFE AFTER SO MANY YEARS OF MARRIAGE DOESNT HAPPEN haha and I was a little mad about it. But later she wasn't really flat or undeveloped character, it was just me as a reader seeing her through Jason's eyes. Too cheesy for me. But it's the whole point of his dimensional traveling, which was an amazing journey!

I didn't have a second choice. I saw Dark Matter was sci fi and I knew it was meant to be ;)

Sleeping Giantsarlenerdgz (22)

Haha I don't know why that sounded funny. But you're right.

I think so. The dissapering makes sense if they are traveling through time.

What's that idea?

I'm with you on this. All characters were too weird for me. Even their names were too...normal and flat (Kara, Rose, Robert, Ryan). I liked the unnamed interrogator best. Had more depth.

Prosthetics was the obvious, something more sci-fi was called for. ????

Is the format going to be the same? Interviews/journal entries? I really want to read the next book, but at the same time, im afraid the format will get old and hurt the development of the story.

Experimental Surgery

Did anyone else think that experimental leg reconstruction surgery was very "Nazi Germany"-gruesome? I found it very disturbing.

Time traveling ? That's why these aliens were able to leave behind such developed technology.

Maybe he works for himself. All that power he seems to have is because he blackmails.

There has to be with the universe being as immense as it is. Anything is possible. There are so many unexplained things on earth that it may very well be extraterrestrial but we cannot understand it or prove it, yet.

Of all the characters, I think he's the one that was best developed. I can see good and bad in him. He's very human. His decisions move from strictly business to taking care of his team. I can't decide yet if he really is interested in the greater good, or if he's just curious to hold this great power.

I couldn't put this book down. So I'm done and I NEED to read the next book in the series.