Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
claudia
Since We Fellclaudia (10)

I 100% agree. I couldn't finish it...

Since We Fellclaudia (10)
Ugh

I wanted to like this book. So. Bad. I liked the beginning, I enjoyed the writing style. Unfortunately, it almost seemed like a different author took over and it was, just, not good. I have to admit I didn't finish it.

Final Girlsclaudia (10)

What happened with that? Did Sam/Toni or whatever her name is end up taking the fall? She physically attacked an innocent homeless man, regardless of whether she was egged on or not, and she's not innocent in that act. That whole part was rather disappointing...

Final Girlsclaudia (10)

Yeah the author did ALOT of stereotyping.

Final Girlsclaudia (10)

Fascinating! As I was reading the book the women were so stereotypically women, that I felt it was written by a female author I would not like because she was far too vapid. I'm not feeling duped, or even shocked, but in fact a little relieved by this new info. None of the characters felt all too fleshed out, but I think that made for a better story. Overall, I enjoyed the story and found it to be a fun thriller and a quick read.

Behind Her Eyesclaudia (10)

I actually could not finish this book, because the characters were just so terrible. I wanted to like it, but was pretty disappointed in it.

Pull Me Underclaudia (10)

I both agree and disagree. I think Sal and her will ultimately reconcile, but I do think it was realistic for him to react the way he did. They built a life together and she held something so massive from him-for him to accept her and forgive her so quickly would not have been authentic. Also, throughout the novel there are moments where it seems there are genuine problems in the marriage-lying about where she wanted to live, having another child- and he claimed to know there was something not right, so he's pretty attentive and those little lies will wear on a person. Then this massive piece made him reconsider all those other issues. I think ultimately it will make their relationship stronger, and the novel, at least in my opinion, seems to end on a positive and hopeful note.

I agree with others that the parents were less kind and were more culturally congruent in their response to Rio. What was striking to me, was how they instantly knew who she was and greeted her as such-throughout the book, she makes a strong effort to deny who she is and the times she tries to convince others who she really is, she fails. This is the one instance in the novel where her identity is instantly, seamlessly accepted, and its by the parents of her victim.

I think it was like Danny said, the past has a way of "eating away at you" and she would have always been haunted by her past. She felt such guilt for keeping so much of herself from those closest to her, that I don't think she truly would have been genuinely happy without opening up to Sal and Lily, and herself.

Every Man a Menaceclaudia (10)
New to BOTM...not a fan of this book :(

I was recommended Swing Time, but went with this book instead. I thought I would like it, but it's not that interesting. I'll give it a few more chapters...