Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
jana
Since We Felljana (10)

I agree on the passports! Rachel telling Brian she mailed the passport was both insurance for Rachel(that Brian wouldn't kill her because at that point she still didn't know how all this would shake out) and it was a test of Brians love. Would he get her out of there and safely to Amsterdam IF he thought there was nothing in it for him but Rachel herself? I think Rachel and Brian belong together and I just LOVE how this book didn't tie up all nice because that's life right? Like Rachel said sometime you just have "make a friend of the dark".

Since We Felljana (10)

Glad to hear someone else was bored with the Haiti stuff! I actually skipped over a few pages there(shame on me, I NEVER do that!) but then Whiddys name kept coming up so I had to go back and reread as I just KNEW it would somehow be central throughout the rest of the book lol...that's what I get for skipping over huh? Serves me right I guess

Dead Lettersjana (10)

I think that it goes to just how manipulative and influential Zelda could be. Lets not forget afterall Wyatt was just "a guy" lol and if you get enough booze in a guy well....

The Stranger in the Woodsjana (10)

I must correct you there. The author DID get input from those with cabins in the woods as to how they felt about being his victims. Also I don't think this story is really all that similar to McCandless's at all. I also think your going a we bit overboard. If there's a lesson to be learned or a thought to be provoked then I believe writing a story AND reading it is definitely worthwhile. I think Knight was ambivalent at BEST about being publicized. He gave the author permission and was disappointed the book wasn't even longer than it was. Knight was a walking contradiction when it came to what he wanted in that regard.

The Stranger in the Woodsjana (10)

No he didn't take any of the gifts offered and the book made it clear why he did not. He was afraid to touch them. Afraid they were either booby trapped or that he would be poisoned I'm assuming. He knew he had most likely angered people and that the police were after him. He was also afraid that the 'gifts' were some sort of trap. Can't say that I blame him for that either. I think people simply accepted it because A. He never hurt anyone and people knew it. and B. They knew the police were after him but thus far he had eluded him. What more could be done except sitting up and waiting for the guy and one guy even did that for 2 weeks to no avail. I think people simply gave up and accepted it after that.

You Will Know Mejana (10)

Absolutely agree and by allowing the crime to b hidden from law enforcement Katie and Eric hurt their children in an even more detrimental way. I feel in protecting devon,they sacrificed her soul. Very disappointed in these parents!

Devon you mean? After reading this book I can honestly say I would NEVER allow my daughter to get involved in gymnastics. Anything that pushes a young girl to such extremes I believe is not good for them either physically or psychologically. Got a very unsettling feeling peeking inside that world

No. Katie learns nothing except how to deceive HERSELF. I was completely horrified how Katie handled it when Devon made her confession. That was her moment of truth. She should have taken Devon straight to the police station the next morning but instead she became complicit in the cover up and allowed Devon to get away with murder. The moment Devon put her foot down on the accelerated she made her choice to sacrifice all she had worked so hard for. That was the moment Devon could have been saved instead all Katie did was reinforce to Devon that all u need to do is get rid of what stands in your way because what SHE WANT means more than anything else. Even another human life! It's pathetic what Katie did. I also believe Devon was a little sociopath in the making and Katie sealed the deal. I thought Katie would do what's right. Instead she failed both drew AND devon. Very sad

I think many of us hide things from the people we love. To avoid conflict,fear of being vulnerable, fear of rejection, fear of losing their respect, to avoid hurting the people we love with the stark reality of TRUTH. This family has most families beat hands down though.

Devon you mean?